The 2022 Starlite is upon us and I would like to take a moment first to thank you, our donors, for the past successes for healthcare improvements in the East Kootenay. Starlite is our yearly campaign in which we light up the Stars on the East Kootenay Regional Hospital. Since 2008 our annual Starlite Campaign has raised millions of dollars to support all of our 5 hospitals, 5 long term care homes, 3 health care centres and the numerous community health programs throughout the East Kootenay Region. Just over the past 3 years alone, our donors have been the driving force in bringing a SPECT CT to the East Kootenay Regional Hospital. We were able to advocate and raise the money to bring an Ultrasound to the Elk Valley Hospital. We raised enough funds to furnish 60 rooms in Swan Valley Lodge in Creston. We have purchased numerous renal chairs throughout our region. And in partnership with the Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child and Family Services we have raised close to $3,000,000 for Foundry East Kootenay. Besides these amazing feats we have been able to fund hundreds of important pieces of medical equipment and patient comfort throughout our region. So THANK YOU! We could not do the work that we do without you! We appreciate you so much!
With all of the needs for funding in healthcare it makes it very difficult to prioritize on what is the most important need. They are all important! This Starlite we are leaving it up to you to decide where you would like to direct your donation. Each and every facility in the East Kootenay is in need of so much. The current need for equipment and patient comfort exceeds $5,000,000. We are still raising an additional $1,000,000 for Foundry. We are here to help fill some of the gap. These are just a few of the needs in our region:
- Elk Valley Hospital – Bedside Ultrasound – Cost: $100,000
- East Kootenay Regional – OR Equipment including ENT Navigation System, General Surg/Gyne Video Tower – Cost: $325,000
- Creston Valley Hospital – Laparoscopic Tower and Equipment – Cost: $348,000
- Golden and District Hospital– Slim Colonoscope – Cost: $35,000
- Invermere and District Hospital – ECG Monitor for neonates – Cost: $25,000
- Columbia Valley – Canal Flats – New Clinic for Adult Day Service Program – $30,000
- The Green Home – New dining room furniture and lounge chairs – Cost: $60,000
- Foundry East Kootenay – $1,000,000
This Starlite season please give. Donate today and light a star for healthcare! Your gift today is making a positive impact for healthcare in the East Kootenay!
East Kootenay Foundation for Health