Other Gifts Considered by our Hospitals
Submitted by EKFH on 17-03-2011
– Toys for kids; must be in new condition (part of Infection Control policies) and will be sent home with the child. These items are designated to the pediatric, maternity, emergency department and day surgical care areas.
– Colouring books & crayons – always a hit for kids; must be in new condition (part of Infection Control policies) and will be sent home with the child. These items are designated to the reception desk, pediatrics, emergency department, day surgical care and to the unit desks on 2nd and 3rd floors.
– Afghans and lap blankets; must be in new condition (part of Infection Control policies). Items designated to the Oncology and Renal Dialysis units stay on site and are given to one specific patient. Items distributed through maternity, pediatrics, emergency department and day surgical care are sent home with patients.
– Portable DVD units & DVD’s; preferrably in new condition. These items are distributed for patient use in many areas of the hospital including oncology, pediatrics, ICU, etc. These items will normally remain at the hospital for shared use by several departments.
– Books & Magazine; these items can be donated to local Health Care Auxiliaries for their Thrift Shops, Gift Shops or for delivery to patient waiting areas. EKFH recommends that you contact the specific Health Care Auxiliary in your area to determine their local policies.
To inquire about any items you are thinking of donating, please feel free to contact the East Kootenay Foundation for Health office at 250 489-6481 or 1-877-489-6481.