Introducing EKFH Board Chair – Brian Clifford
Submitted by EKFH on 05-07-2013
Background and Experience:
Brian is a retired Chemical Engineer who spent the majority of his 38 career years in administration responsible for operations in a pulpmill in the East Kootenays. This background included troubleshooting, negotiating contracts, budgeting, personnel administration and continual process administration. An active role in hospice and the local x-country society also complement his background.
What does He Hope to Achieve in His Time on the EKFH Board?
Brian would like to have a better appreciation of health care in the East Kootenays and be actively involved in its continued improvement and enrichment.
His Thoughts on the EKFH’s Mission in Providing Funding:
There are several key components for the EKFH for its success in complementing health care in the region:
- understanding the stakeholders
- have a burning desire to continually improve health care in the region
- maintaining and improving relationships with auxiliaries, service groups and Interior Health employees
- keeping an open mind on what are realistic objectives and targets
- targeting for low administration and fundraising costs in order to maximize the percent of donor dollar actually going to health care
- actively recognizing the donors by regular contact encouraging feedback
EKFH Board Chair Brian Clifford, his wife Trudy and grandson with members of the Kootenay ICE